Note from the designer:
The superb drape of Australian Superfine Merino by Cleckheaton is shown to its full advantage in this oversize boxy tunic. Wear it with bare arms like our model, or layered up with long sleeves underneath. Style it in different ways with the detachable cowl neck, which is made as a separate piece. It’s a key look for winter, trans-seasonal and beyond.
Pattern number: 441
Level: Advanced Knitting
mock cable tunic by Cleckheaton
Sizes - S-M, L-XL
To Fit Bust - 80-90 cm / 31-35 in, 100-110 cm / 39-43 in
Actual Size (approx) - 138 cm / 54 in, 148 cm / 58 in
Length at Centre Back (approx) - 81 cm / 32 in, 83 cm / 33 in
Cowl Width - 22 cm / 9 in
Australian Superfine Merino 8 ply (65g balls)
• Tunic without Cowl
10 Burnt Red - 11, 12 balls
• Tunic with Removable Cowl
10 Burnt Red - 13, 14 balls
NEEDLES AND EXTRAS
• 1 pair each 4mm (UK 8, US 6) and 3.25mm (UK 10, US 3) knitting needles and a 3.25mmcircular knitting needle (40cm/16" long) or size needed to give correct tension.
• spare double-pointed needle for 3-needle cast off.
• Tunic with Cowl only: 4mm circular knitting needle (40cm/16" long).
• 2 stitch-holders.
• 1 stitch marker.
• wool needle for sewing seams.
22 sts and 30 rows to 10cm/4" over stocking stitch, using 4mm needles.
To work a tension square, using 4mm needles, cast on 33 sts.
Work 44 rows stocking st. Cast off loosely.
Check your tension carefully.
If less sts to 10cm use smaller needles, if more sts use larger needles.